May 21, 2008

Essay 4 -The Memorable Day in My Life-


The memorable day in my life is when I met my childhood friends after a long time. I had lived in Fukuoka until I was 6 years old. I had two friends there, Satoshi and Etsuko. Satoshi is one year my senior and Etsuko is two years my junior. She is sister of him. They lived next in 4 floor of a building. We always played together, often went to park where is under the building. We also loved playing with toys and spent most time together. But when I was 6 years old, it was decided to move to Kumamoto my family. It was sudden. I don’t remember our parting.

After I have moved to Kumamoto, they sent me a New Year card every year. But it became formal gradually because the memories of them became fading. One day, it was decided to go to Fukuoka. I thought, “I can see them after a long time!” I was glad to see them. I wanted to talk a lot. The day which is the memorable day in my life came. 7 years had passed since I had moved.

I met their mother first. She welcomed me. Satoshi was at home then but Etsuko was not. I met him tensing up. But he went out a room without saying anything. I was surprised about not only his behavior but also mine. I couldn’t say any word tensely despite I had wanted to talk him. Finally, I went home without talking with them. I was sad. But their mother and my mother smiled and said to me, “He was maybe surprised you had become growing up. You are same, aren’t you?” I thought me too.
Now, 13 years have passed since I had moved. I have not been talking with them since then. I think I can do naturally if I meet them now because we grew up not only our bodies but also heart. (323 words)

2 comments:

Yohko said...

Hi, Yohko. I'm Yoko!!
They wanna talk with you, too. I think you'll talk with them when you see them.
By the way, is this Yohko middle girl in the picture?(^^)

Yohko said...

Yes! It's me.(^^) The left boy is Satoshi and the right girl is Etsuko.