Apr 26, 2008

My part time job

I have a part time job. I work in a Japanese restaurant. I can learn the many manners there. For example, how to behavior in a tatami-room, make shochu, speak to guests and so on. Shochu is Japanese liquor. I don't know almost manners. So I often fail. I was advised by a mistress, today too. I held out a dish to a guest from left behind by my right hand. It is wrong. When I hold out a dish from left behind, I have to use my left hand. The reason is clear. You will be able to understand if you image the situation as a guest. If a waiter hold out a dish from left behind by right hand, you will have to avoid to right. My working place's dinner is a full course. So if I hold out dishes by the wrong ways every time, the guest have to avoid me every time the dish come and may feel nasty. I have to care. A converse case is same. When I hold out from right behind, I have to use my right hand. I have been having this part time job. I wish that many guests who I have served didn't feel nasty by this wrong service. (210words)

1 comment:

Joe Tomei said...

Yoko,
Please make sure you spell review correctly (see your earlier book review) Also, you have two label posts, please delete one of them.

I'd like to start to see more posts from you. You are writing some interesting things!